Insurance Industry's COVID-19 Response & Reputation Considerations
Live Webinar; Recording will be available afterward
Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. ET, Noon CT
IMCA will host a panel discussion to cover urgent COVID-19 related topics for professionals in the Insurance Marketing and Communications Industry.
Jim Flynn Peter van Aartrijk
EVP/Chief Brand Strategist, ONEFIRE Principal, Aartrijk
Board Member, IMCA Board Member, IMCA
Andy Simpson Mark Friedlander Bob Fee
Chief Content Officer Director, Corp. Communications Chair-Elect, IIABA
Wells Media (Insurance Journal) Insurance Information Institute President & COO, Fee Insurance Group
How is the P/C industry responding to this pandemic, given there is very little insurance coverage available for losses? Small businesses are upset. Lawyers and lawmakers will be pursuing legislation, lawsuits and loopholes everywhere-- for BI, workers' comp, EPLI, D&O... Agency E&O lawsuits are likely....
- What are you seeing and hearing in business and personal insurance marketplace?
- Do you think the industry's reputation is being hurt?
- Could incumbent carriers and agencies lose their customers' confidence and business as a result?
- What can agencies and carriers do to mitigate the damage, short-term and long-term? What role can insurance marketers play?
- A few carriers are extending coverage and relaxing payment terms. Do these things help?
- What other things can they do? Small scale and big scale?
- We will highlight some of what is being done, provide additional thoughts, and invite ideas from the audience