IMCA SHOWCASE AWARDS 101
Before you get started with your IMCA 2021 Showcase Awards entries, here’s what you need to know!
1. Review the IMCA 2021 Showcase Award Categories on the following tab. Be sure to check out the NEW crisis communication division and other categories we’ve added for 2021!
2. Select the marketing projects and campaigns you’d like to submit and choose the appropriate categories. If you aren’t sure which category best fits your work, reach out to the IMCA team
. Note: All work submitted as a Showcase 2021 entry must have been created between January 1, 2020, and the date you submit your entry.
3. Gather the information and evidence needed for your entry. We recommend having your answers prepared prior to logging in to submit your entry. You’ll be asked the following questions:
Why was this entry created? Define the problem you’re solving. (200 words or less)
Target & Strategy:
Who was your target audience and what was your execution strategy? (200 words or less)
What was the intended outcome and measurable success criteria? (200 words or less)
Describe the results. Be sure to include applicable evidence, data or analytics to support your results. Did they meet or exceed your success criteria? Did the entry have any unexpected or unanticipated results or learnings? (200 words or less)
These uploads can include creative elements, along with any supporting data. You can upload a total of 10 files and 10 URLs. Accepted file types include: doc/docx/xl/xlsx/pdf/gif/jpg/jpeg/png/mp3/wma/wav/avi/mov/wmv/mpg/mpeg/mp4/vlc
Note: EPS, Illustrator, or Photoshop files will NOT be accepted.
4. You’re ready to submit your entry online! You can save and return to your entry at any time. When you’re ready to officially submit your final Showcase entries, be sure to visit the ‘cart’ to checkout and submit payment. Entry fees and submission timelines are as follows:
January 4 - March 1: Overachievers: $140 (members) / $290 (non-members)
March 2 - March 19: Procrastinators: $170 (members) / $320 (non-members)
March 20 - March 31: OMG! Complete your entry now before it's too late!: $200 (members) / $350 (non-members)
5. Wait for the results. Showcase judges will assess each entry April 1 - April 30, with winners in each category and SAMMY finalists announced on April 30.
Award of Excellence: goes to the runner up in each category
Best in Show: goes to the top scoring submission in each category
SAMMY: The SAMMY Award is given to the entry voted by 2020 IMCA Conference attendees as the best overall work. This truly elite award is recognition by your peers of the highest standard of professionalism - thus the name SAMMY - "Special Award from Members." All 2021 IMCA Showcase Award entries are in the running for this prestigious award. Finalists will be selected by a SAMMY panel of judges and will be notified by April 30.
Want to start preparing your entry today? Use our Entry Guide Template. You can start building your entry and simply copy and paste your information into our online form when you’re ready to submit.
DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY GUIDE TEMPLATE