IMCA Rising Star Award
The Rising Star award recognizes insurance marketing and communications professionals whose demonstration of achievement, teamwork, and innovation show that they are future industry leaders. The Rising Star Award represents the next generation of insurance marketing and communication, but is open to professionals of ALL AGES and experience levels. Nominees should be admired by their peers, and should foster and encourage collaboration.
2021 IMCA Rising Star Award Winner
Justin Jacobs, vice president of marketing, IMA Financial Group, Inc.
Jacobs was the first one hired in his department and has built a team of 10 promoting the sixth-largest privately held insurance company in the United States.
Nominee Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominees must have been in a communications/marketing role in the insurance industry for fewer than five (5) years. Nominees may have prior marketing experience in other industries.
- Nominees should display exceptional promise in strategic thinking, insight-based decision making, and creativity.
- Nominees should demonstrate interest in innovations that advance the future of insurance marketing and communications.
The judging criteria evaluate the nominees’ contributions to their current role, past roles, the industry, and their community and charity involvement. The below leadership descriptions will be used to score the nominees.
- Makes valuable contributions to the overall excellence/effectiveness of their organization(s).
- Demonstrates current and future leadership potential, insight-based decision making, strategic thinking, innovation, creativity, and accountability in executing their marketing responsibilities.
- Has a positive influence on their team and overall company.
- Has a strong marketing and communication skill set.
Recognition and Benefits
The 2021 IMCA Rising Star Award winner will be announced and honored at the 2021 Conference.
Recipient of the 2021 IMCA Rising Star Award will receive:
- One year paid individual membership to the IMCA
- Complimentary registration to the 2022 IMCA Annual Conference
- Recognition via a news release and IMCA social media channels