IMCA Rising Star Award
The Rising Star award recognizes insurance marketing and communications professionals that are future industry leaders because of their industry contributions, teamwork, and innovation. The Rising Star Award is for professionals of ALL AGES and experience levels.
This award represents the next generation of insurance marketing and communications. Nominees should be admired by their peers, and should foster and encourage collaboration.
- Anyone can nominate a person for this award, including self-nominations
- To be considered, applicants/nominees have to complete a form, answer several questions, provide a copy of nominee’s biography or resume and a head-shot
- The applicants/nominees must supply references who can be contacted to gather additional perspectives on the nominee’s accomplishments
- The winner is selected by a panel of senior insurance marketers and communicators, who work at firms and agencies
- There is no fee associated with making a nomination
- Nominations will be open through September 30, 2020
Nominee Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominees must have been in a communications/marketing role in the insurance industry for less than five (5) years. Nominees may have prior marketing experience in other industries.
- Displays exceptional promise in strategic thinking, insight-based decision making, and creativity.
- Demonstrates interest in innovations that advance the future of insurance marketing and communications.
The judging criteria evaluate the nominees’ contributions to their current role, past roles, the industry, and their community and charity involvement. The below leadership descriptions will be used to score the nominees.
Current Role & Past Roles:
- Makes valuable contributions to the overall excellence/effectiveness for their organization(s).
- The nominee demonstrates current and future leadership potential, insight-based decision making, strategic thinking, innovation, creativity, and accountability in executing their marketing responsibilities.
- The nominee has a positive influence for their team and overall company.
- Has a strong marketing and communication skill set.
Recognition and Benefits
The 2020 IMCA Rising Star Award winner will be announced and honored at the Showcase Gala Awards.
Recipient of the 2020 IMCA Rising Star Award will receive: