IMCA Rising Star Award
The Rising Star award recognizes insurance marketing and communications professionals whose demonstration of achievement, teamwork, and innovation show that they are future industry leaders. The Rising Star Award represents the next generation of insurance marekting and communication, but is open to professionals of ALL AGES and experience levels.
This award represents the next generation of insurance marketing and communications. Nominees should be admired by their peers, and should foster and encourage collaboration.
- Anyone can nominate a person for this award, including self-nominations.
- To be considered, applicants/nominees will complete a form, answer several questions, and provide a copy of nominee’s biography or resume and a head-shot.
- The applicants/nominees must supply references who can be contacted to gather additional perspectives on the nominee’s accomplishments.
- The winner is selected by a panel of senior insurance marketers and communicators and previous Rising Star honorees.
- There is no fee associated with making a nomination.
- Nominations will be open April 1-30, 2021, and winners will be notified no later than June 1, 2021.
Nominee Eligibility & Requirements
- Nominees must have been in a communications/marketing role in the insurance industry for fewer than five (5) years. Nominees may have prior marketing experience in other industries.
- Nominees should display exceptional promise in strategic thinking, insight-based decision making, and creativity.
- Nominees should demonstrate interest in innovations that advance the future of insurance marketing and communications.
The judging criteria evaluate the nominees’ contributions to their current role, past roles, the industry, and their community and charity involvement. The below leadership descriptions will be used to score the nominees.
- Makes valuable contributions to the overall excellence/effectiveness of their organization(s).
- Demonstrates current and future leadership potential, insight-based decision making, strategic thinking, innovation, creativity, and accountability in executing their marketing responsibilities.
- Has a positive influence on their team and overall company.
- Has a strong marketing and communication skill set.
Recognition and Benefits
The 2021 IMCA Rising Star Award winner will be announced and honored at the 2021 Conference.
Recipient of the 2021 IMCA Rising Star Award will receive:
- One year paid individual membership to the IMCA
- Complimentary registration to the 2022 IMCA Annual Conference
- Recognition via a news release and IMCA social media channels