Do you know someone who has displayed long-term commitment to the success of the insurance marketing and communications industry through their leadership, innovation, and strategy? If that person embodies what insurance marketing and communications leadership should be, nominate them for the prestigious IMCA Icon Award. The IMCA Icon Award recognizes the top leaders within the insurance marketing and communications industry.
NOMINATE AN ICON
Nominee Eligibility & Requirements
While our eligibility and requirements are pretty simple, we want to ensure we’re honoring the best-of-the-best leaders. That’s why we’re looking for individuals who:
- Hold the title of chief marketing officer, vice president of marketing, senior marketing director, or equivalent for their current organization.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in their current role.
- Have a minimum of 20 years in the marketing/communications industry, with 10 of those years within insurance.
- Nominations can be made by anyone (self nominations are accepted).
- Nomination details:
- Answer six questions about the nominee, 200 word answer limit. Feel free to include links or examples of work, achievements, and leadership. Include any valuable metrics that support efforts (ROI, improved customer retention, improved client acquisition, technology deployments, cultural impact, etc.):
How has the nominee's leadership transformed and improved their current and past organizations?
- How does the nominee create an innovative, collaborative, and supportive environment for their team(s)?
- How does the nominee demonstrate thought leadership in the creation of relevant and valuable content?
- How has the nominee developed and/or implemented strategies, tools, or programs that led to game-changing outcomes?
- How has the nominee positively impacted the overall insurance marketing and communications industry?
- Describe any notable community or charity involvement. If applicable, include how they utilized their marketing and communications skills.
- Submit a PDF containing the nominee’s biography and/or resume (maximum of 2 pages).
There is no fee associated with making a nomination.
- The nominee does not need to be a member of IMCA to qualify for the award.
Selection & Judging Criteria
The winner is selected by a panel of senior insurance marketing and communications professionals who evaluate the nominees’ contributions to their current role, past roles, the industry, and their community. The below criteria will be used to score the nominees.
Current Role and Past Insurance Marketing and Communication Role(s):
Demonstrates a transformation and improvement of marketing and communications efforts for their current organization.
- Responsible for game-changing outcomes and improved metrics.
- Inspires team to reach marketing and communications goals.
- Provides leadership in driving successful strategies that positively impact the customer experience and the client acquisition process.
- Creates an innovative environment that delivers break-through marketing and communications work.
Insurance and Marketing Industry Contributions:
- Recognition by peers in the field.
- Leadership roles held within industry networks or associations.
- Demonstrated industry thought leadership.
Past Experiences Outside of Industry Contributions:
- Notable marketing and communications experience and leadership outside of the insurance industry
Community and Charity Involvement:
Noteworthy community and charity involvement.
- Utilizing their marketing and communication skills to positively impact community or charity initiatives.
Recognition & Benefits
Based on submissions, the IMCA Icon Award may be given to one or multiple individuals, who will be announced and honored at that year's IMCA Ignite Conference.
The recipient(s) of the IMCA Icon Award will receive:
- A one-year paid individual membership to IMCA
Complimentary registration to the following year's IMCA Ignite
Recognition via a news release and IMCA social media channels
NOMINATE AN ICON