IMCA is a professional industry association whose collective membership represents the insurance and financial services industries throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Bermuda. The organization represents over 120 companies, including the top five property casualty writers in the country.
Membership includes some of the largest multi-line insurance companies and brokerage firms in the country, regional and specialty companies, general agencies, and prominent industry suppliers. As the marketplace converges, the scope of the membership continues to expand into non-traditional areas such as wholesalers and banking.
Members includes senior level management and professional staff working in the areas of advertising, public relations, marketing communications, marketing and sales promotion, marketing research and technology. A majority are decisionmakers who directly control or influence millions of dollars spent through a variety of marketing and communication channels.
By sponsoring IMCA and our Annual Convention, we offer you a visual and physical presence which provides direct access to key decision makers in our industry!
IMCA offers a strong value proposition for both members and strategic allies.
IMCA members include:
The following are a few key characteristics of the IMCA:
- 6 of the top 10 US property/casualty writers with combined premium of nearly $130 billion.
- 5 of the top 7 writers for US auto insurance with combined premium of over $70 billion.
- 4 of the top 5 writers for US homeowners insurance with combined premium of over $22 billion.
- The #1 writer of direct premiums in the country - State Farm Group.
- The #1 writer of commercial and liability in the country - Zurich/Farmers Group.
- The #1 writer of workers' compensation in the country - State Compensation Insurance Fund of California.
- The #2 writer of commercial multiple peril in the country - Zurich/Farmers Group.
- The #1 independent insurance wholesaler in the country - American Wholesale Group.
- The #1 Canadian-owned, multi-product insurer - The Co-operators.
- The three largest US insurance brokers – Marsh, Aon, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Nearly 60% of IMCA members hold positions of Senior Manager or above with 15% being in Executive Management. This means we deliver an audience of decision makers who control budgets.
- A majority of company members are with large, publicly held insurers. This means we are bringing decision makers from top companies like State Farm, Allstate, Zurich/Farmers, Allianz/Fireman's Fund, The Hartford, St. Paul Travelers, Nationwide, Marsh, etc.
- IMCA's history traces back over 80 years so we are not a fledgling organization. We are financially sound and growing.
- Current membership stands at just over 600. 72% concentrated in the Northeast and Midwest.
- IMCA conducts one Annual meeting each year for four days in June with a creative awards program, vendor booths and a variety of sponsorships, speaking, and visibility opportunities. About 100-150 in attendance at a typical annual meeting.
- IMCA conducts a one-day Creative Forum annually with a variety of sponsorships, speaking and visibility opportunities.
- IMCA conducts a one-day Tech Forum annually with a variety of sponsorships, speaking and visibility opportunities.
- IMCA conducts periodic webcasts and we distribute a bi-monthly electronic e-newsletter.
- IMCA actively participates in social media networking through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.
For more information about events and sponsorship opportunities with IMCA, please contact Tom Wetzel at (708) 524-4944 or via email at email@example.com.